Monday, May 26, 2008

Celebrating our Hard-Working Veterans by Being Lazy

I spent the day doing whatever I felt like. I surfed the Internet, read a good book (Whose Land? Whose Promise?, about Israel), took a walk (and listened to an episode of This American Life), quilted, had lunch with my dad, napped, watched TV, and downloaded stuff to my new Ipod. I thought about how nice it would be to always have Mondays off. Um, wait, I did have Mondays off until this year. Then I started working five days a week, and immediately got a 20% raise. So, while I would like having Mondays off again, (sigh), I also like being able to pay my medical bills without flinching, and being able to replace my appliances when they all break at once. Happy Memorial Day. I’m thankful to all who fought to give me freedom.

No comments: