Tuesday, March 10, 2009

There are Good Days, Too


Just when I think I can't make it through and am ready to dissolve into a puddle on the floor, God will send me an amazing sign of His love. After the two ER visits last week, I was really struggling. My friend PD, who is a pastor, gave me huge encouragement and hope as we talked about his struggles that are every bit as hard as mine. KA came and pruned all my roses with me. Half the time she spoke another language with phrases like like ratchet pruners, swelling at the leaf scar, and air circulation. The yard looked beautiful when we were done, and my spirits were lifted, too.

On Sunday we got together with our amazing friends from France whom we met in college almost thirty years ago. The husband is the funniest person I've ever met. He's made up this whole scenario where we are the "Venucci family". We have Italian names, and eat at Italian restaurants, and try not to murder anyone. Jim is appropriately "Cappecino Venucci". I wonder why? The laughter through my tears was very healing. They are both hold doctorates in Psychology and their caring, and listening and prayers were all very healing for me. We met other treasured mutual friends in Valencia and really had a blast together. At one point we were walking and K. said "QUICK! Everyone switch watches!" That's just the kind of guy he is. That night a friend, NB, made me the most amazing stew from a cow she had bought at the fair. The delicious meal fed my soul. On Monday I got a heartfelt unsolicited letter from a student telling me specifically how I had changed her life forever. I almost felt like giving back my paycheck this month--that letter was worth more than it's weight in gold. There are also phone messages, cards, and kind words from my many dear friends. I feel so lucky and blessed to be surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses.
Treasured Friends.

The Venucci men are always kidding around.


The Beautiful Venucci Women


No playing is complete without treats and I learned about Pinkberry Yogurt. Yum!!

No comments: