Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I have a good husband

Jim surprised me Sunday, by packing a picnic lunch so that, immediately after church we could drive with the top down in his Miata to the beach. We parked on a cliff north of Emma Wood State Beach and talked and ate and watched the sun glisten on the ocean. We didn’t see the dolphins that I saw Saturday, but the day was beautiful and I felt as if I was on vacation. Watching the pelicans dive for fish, and seeing the surfers catch waves made me want to linger there with Jim forever. This was a very romantic time, but I also find it romantic when Jim does loads of laundry, cleans the shower drain, works for hours in the yard, and fixes my computer. He did all these things, too, last weekend and so he has accrued an amazing amount of good husband points.

No comments: