Saturday, April 26, 2008

Thank you, God, that I am well

I think God may be in heaven hitting his head against the Pearly Gates and mumbling “I healed her and she’s STILL not happy?!” After the endoscopy I was so disappointed that Dr. P. didn’t find anything wrong. “I’ve been in incredible pain since February 29th and you mean to tell me that I don’t have anything to show for it?!” There’s something really wrong about crying when they DIDN’T find cancer. Later, I knew I was feeling better, but I think I didn’t want to admit it to myself for fear of being disappointed if the pain returned. I thought I was just having a good day, or a good few days. It dawned on me today that I’ve been well for over a week now. “Hooray!! I’m well!! “I realize now that even though the endoscopy was a scary, nerve-racking, yucky experience, it was worth going through, because it yielded valuable information: I don’t have stomach cancer. If I hadn’t done the procedure, I think the big C would have always been in the back of my mind. Today I believe God had mercy on me, healed me from the ulcer or whatever it was, and gave me hard data that my stomach is well. Praise Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!