Thursday, December 4, 2008

About my Turkish Leprechauns

I think they should make suspected terrorists wait in the ER, worrying about their loved ones hour after hour. They'd confess quickly after that torture!! I walked in the door at home after eight hours of ER misery and found a gleaming home. My carpets were vacuumed. Quilts were folded. The dishwasher was unloaded. The laundry was washed, dried and folded. Dinner was made. My old movie rental was returned to the store, and a new movie awaited me. I was overwhelmed. We have friends from Turkey staying with us, and they have been so kind, good and generous to my Dad, Jim and me. But their gift tonight was over the top. My foul mood and exhaustion melted like that snowman in the Campbell's soup commercial. Perhaps I will make it through after all. God sent them into my life at just the right time. 

No comments: