Thursday, December 11, 2008

Today was a Good Day

It didn't start out to be a good day. At 1pm after I was done with students, I dissolved in tears at my desk. Jim came by school to deliver a latte and a card, and when he walked in, naturally I cried harder. He had come at just the right time to listen to me. I am surrounded by dear, caring friends, and a loving husband. Soon after that I drove home, and in my driveway was my Turkish friend, sweeping. He had cleaned out our whole garage! I had never seen our things organized so neatly and the floor was clean enough to perform surgery on! Inside, the floors were vacuumed and mopped, and the counters cleared. Sigh. Yesterday, his wife had done my Christmas shopping for me. I had given her ideas, and she came home with beautiful, wonderful presents! It was like Christmas for me to get to see all the special surprises! She did such a beautiful job. Far better than this is having these friends around all the time. Their company has added so much to our lives. 

The other thing that has taken some stress off is that I've figured out the medical system more. I still can't ask Dr. Cardiologist questions, but he has an amazing Nurse Practitioner who knows my dad intimately and will answer all my questions knowledgeably. I don't have Dr. Cardiologist's ear, but N.P. Paul does, and that's OK. I don't feel as responsible for the overall care because Paul oversees everything, and nothing slips by him. Paul is the "touchy-feely" side of that practice, and he put his arm around my shoulder and said "And we're going to get your life back to normal, too." Additionally our visiting nurse is my friend, Jane, who cares for Dad with love and a sweet disposition. And Dad also has a good Physical Therapist who comes to the house.  We're both in really good hands. 

I had no doctor appointments today, so I was able to go home after school and rest. I feel like a new person. 

No comments: